What is S.E.L.F.?
S.E.L.F. is a senior exercise class in a secure, safe environment. Participants will receive guidance and advice regarding their exercise programming from a Certified Personal Trainer, Exercise Physiologist or other equally qualified staff.
The SELF goal for staff is “every client, every time”. Every SELF client will be offered the chance to get their blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen checked and have a discussion of their exercise prescription with every visit. The exercise prescription discussion will range in time based on the current needs of the participant.
When: Mondays and Wednesdays 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
Where: Cardio Mezzanine
Instructors: Deb Harding
Cost: Members FREE / Non-Members: day fee or punch Pass
Intake Fee: $35 for new class participants. Cardiac/pulmonary rehab graduates or Journey to Wellness participants do not need an intake appointment. Please talk to your coach before you attend a class.
Intake Appointment Required: Please contact Michele Maher, Clinical Coordinator, by calling 751-4106 or email to schedule your intake appointment before starting SELF.
- Participants will be required to fill out the ACSM Pre-Activity Screening Questionnaire and if necessary get clearance from their physician before starting SELF. This will be addressed and reviewed during the intake appointment.
- Participants can get their blood pressure, oxygen, weight and heart rate checked before starting their workout. They can log this on their exercise chart to keep track of their progress and if desired can take that information to share with their physician.
- Participants will be encouraged to follow a program that includes a warm-up, cardio, strength, cool-down, balance and stretching as appropriate.
- While everyone is welcome, this program is designed with the following populations in mind; CR graduates, Journey to Wellness participants, Inexperienced exercisers, individuals with chronic conditions or recovering from an injury, individuals who feel insecure or uncomfortable exercising.
Temporary suspension of day pass and 10-day pass sales during after-school hours until further notice to create the best member experience. Read more here.
- USTA Level 5 Open Tennis Tournament • February 23 - 25
- Spring volleyball leagues start February 27 and 29