At Logan Health Occupational Medicine, we recognize the importance of employment in today’s world. Our commitment is to safeguard your occupational well-being, so you can thrive in your professional role. Since 1991, our devoted team of physicians, nurse practitioners, therapists, nurses and case managers has been dedicated to ensuring workplace safety and enhancing productivity. Whether you’re an employer or aspiring to be one, our comprehensive services cater to your diverse needs in the Flathead Valley and beyond. We eagerly anticipate the opportunity to collaborate with you, bringing a heightened level of work safety and health to your business. Our mission is to uphold the health, safety and continued employment of Montana’s workforce.
Are You Injured?
If you or someone on the job has suffered a life-threatening medical condition, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency medical facility immediately.
We understand that prompt evaluation and treatment is the way to ensure the best outcome for both the patient and your business. With more than 15 years of experience, our clinic provides a comprehensive array of injury management services:
- Prompt attention to cuts, fractures, exposures and other non-life-threatening medical injuries
- First aid treatments that help you reduce OSHA-reportable injuries
- Analysis of how an injury relates to work duties
- Legible and prompt document completion
- Return-to-work guidelines customized to your business
- An on-site certified case manager to optimize treatment
Our team of physician, nurse practitioner, nurses and therapist offer an all-inclusive approach to business safety, health and productivity. Below are a few services Logan Health Occupational Medicine has to offer:
Whether you drive a big rig, a crane or a tug boat, Logan Health Occupational Medicine has you covered, as our broad spectrum of exams test for both federal and state regulatory requirements. Among these are exams for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, crane operators and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Fitness for Duty Exams
To maximize safety and productivity, you need to have the right employees doing the right jobs. Our services help you ensure the best match:
- WorkSTEPS functional employment testing
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Post-offer screenings
- Montana Subsequent Injury Fund determinations
Impairment Ratings/Disability Exams
When it comes to making a diagnosis, Logan Health Occupational Medicine relies on objective medical findings. We offer accurate and unbiased examination services that involve:
- Examiners trained in both the sixth and fifth edition American Medical Association Guides to Permanent Impairment
- Examiners trained by the American Board of Medical Examiners
- Concise and legible reports
- Report turnaround in one to four days
- Medical chart review services
Making it in the business world sometimes requires a lot of noise. With our extensive hearing conservation services, Logan Health Occupational Medicine can ensure the roar of success isn’t followed by the silence of hearing loss. We offer:
- In-clinic or on-site audiometric screenings certified by the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation
- Measurements of site noise exposure level
- Physician review of abnormal audiograms
- OSHA and MSHA hearing conservation training
The history of occupational medicine shows that no body component has suffered more than the lungs. With our in-depth analyses, Logan Health Occupational Medicine can bring safety to each breath by providing:
- OSHA-regulated medical evaluation for respiratory use
- Analysis of worksite respiratory hazards
- As-needed pulmonary function testing and physical exams
- Respiratory fit testing via saccharin or Bitrex
Impaired Employee Services
Nothing can be more dangerous than an impaired employee at work. Whether your concern is inappropriate alcohol use, prescription drugs, illicit drugs, or even over-the-counter drugs or medications, Logan Health Occupational Medicine can provide the testing and counseling both you and your employee need to succeed.
Employee Health Initiatives
Logan Health Occupational Medicine offers DOT (Department of Transportation) physicals for $100. These exams include:
- Same-day certification
- Certified FMCSA examiners
- Complete physical exam
All of our medical staff are certified to perform DOT physicals, with more than 40 years of combined experience.
Review the following requirements before your exam and be sure to bring the specified information to your appointment.
Bring a complete list of all your medications.
Drivers who have high blood pressure:
Blood pressure must be below 140/90 on the day of your exam.
Drivers who require eyeglasses, contact lenses or hearing aids:
Bring your eyeglasses, contacts or hearing aids.
Drivers who have diabetes:
Bring the most recent results of your hemoglobin A1c and your blood sugar logs.
Drivers who have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine:
Bring a reading from your machine and at least 90 days of data.
Job analysis builds a foundation for your employee injury prevention programs by describing your jobs in a standardized and easily understood manner. We help you:
- Assess job duties and required skills, abilities and education.
- Review specific job machines, tools and equipment.
- Analyze job environment and materials handling.
- Assess work postures and develop ergonomic worksite modifications.
- Create an effective pre-work screening program.
- Create job files.
- Analyze and classify high-risk jobs.
- Establish criteria to determine when injured employees are ready to return to work.
A drug screening program is the best way to keep illicit substances out of your business and out of your employees. At Logan Health Occupational Medicine, maintaining a drug-free workplace is of highest priority. Our services include:
- On-site medical review officer and substance abuse program administrator
- Certified urine drug screen collectors and breath alcohol technicians
- Certified lab analysis
- Pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, random, return-to-duty, follow-up and periodic testing
- Urine, blood, breath, oral fluid and hair testing
- Worksite, ER and in-house specimen collection
- 24/7 testing for for post-accident and reasonable cause
- Program administration for random drug and alcohol testing
- Random testing pool maintenance for both DOT and non-DOT employers
- Federal- and state-regulated supervisor training
- Drug-free workplace program development
There is no better way to treat an injury than to prevent one from happening in the first place. We offer several services designed to keep your employees at work and out of the emergency room.
Body Mechanics Training
A board-certified ergonomics physical therapist leads our program, called Ergonomic. It provides:
- Worksite analysis programs tailored for businesses, groups and individuals
- Self-management techniques
- Training to develop habits that help prevent injuries
Any accidental blood exposure is a serious and distressing event. Logan Health Occupational Medicine can help you get the timely treatment and evaluation you need to protect yourself. We offer:
- On-call services for immediate exposure evaluation
- Worksite analysis of potential hazards
- Employee and supervisor OSHA-required training
- Protocols to comply with OSHA regulations on bloodborne pathogens
Sometimes, more than just acute treatment is needed to get back to work. Using our testing facilities, our certified rehabilitation counselors can return injured workers to employment safely and promptly. We help:
- Analyze transferable skills.
- Conduct academic testing.
- Develop a rehabilitation plan.
- Do a labor market survey.
- Determine vocational alternatives and job placement.
- Assess for retraining possibilities.
- Arrange expert witness testimony.
- Analyze needs and interest.
- Prepare a resume.
We can provide services to support your efforts to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Our medical review officer, breath alcohol technicians and urine drug collectors meet training and certification required by 49 CFR Part 40. Our breath alcohol technicians and urine drug collectors are on call 24/7 for post-accident and reasonable cause testing. If you need to reach us after hours, please call our main number, (406) 751-4189. Your call will be routed to the Communication Center, who will assist you in contacting the on-call staff. We can arrange collection sites outside Flathead County if needed.
We provide supervisor training for DOT drug and alcohol testing. As our client for testing services, your employees would receive a 50 percent discount for those training sessions. We do training sessions quarterly at The Medical Fitness Center in Kalispell. We also can provide training at your site for a minimum of $150 per two-hour session (plus travel time and mileage for locations outside of Kalispell). We provide employee training that can be tailored to your work environment and employee needs.
Our medical providers have specialized training and experience in impairment assessments and fitness for duty evaluations. This service is available 24/7 through our on-call staff.
Logan Health Occupational Medicine is your best partner for a drug-free workplace!
Meet the Team
Logan Health Occupational Medicine
75 Claremont Street, Suite F
Kalispell, MT 59901
Phone and Fax
Phone: (406) 751-4189
Fax: (406) 751-4527
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Your call will be routed to the Communication Center, who will assist you in contacting the on-call staff.