Logan Health Whitefish
Logan Health – Whitefish is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital that services more than 30,000 people in Whitefish, Columbia Falls, Canyon communities, and towns along the Burlington Northern line to Eureka. We are a non-profit community hospital dedicated to serving the needs of our communities.
In 2002 Logan Health – Whitefish (then North Valley Hospital) became the first hospital in Montana to be affiliated with Planetree International
. Planetree International is a non-profit organization that provides education and information in a collaborative community of healthcare organizations, facilitating efforts to create person-centered care in healing environments. In 2020 Logan Health – Whitefish became the first Critical Access Hospital accredited by the Forum for Shared Governance. Shared governance is an innovative management model that ensures that nurses are the ones making clinical decisions at the bedside, while allowing them to influence the resources that support those decisions.
To be the center of healing for the communities we serve.
To collectively serve as a catalyst for healing of the mind, body and spirit in a patient-centered environment, and to commit to stewardship of healthcare resources in order to continually improve the health of the communities we serve.
- Patients and their families as partners in healthcare who require our professionalism, confidentiality, and attention to individual needs.
- Caring Behaviors that exhibit integrity, respect, and commitment to creating a life-enhancing and healing environment.
- Teamwork with open communication and participation dedicated to furthering a shared vision.
- Leadership from our Hospital and Foundation Boards, medical and hospital staff, patients and communities that exemplifies flexibility, innovation, and support.
Our hospital roots began with the railroad. In 1905 the first hospital in Whitefish staffed by two nurses and a Great Northern Railway physician. Railway employees provided much of the hospital’s clientele.
As the town of Whitefish and its surrounding communities grew, the hospital grew to meet its healthcare needs. Its current hospital and medical campus located adjacent to the intersection of highways 93 and 40 opened in 2007.
In 2016 North Valley Hospital became affiliated with the Kalispell Regional Healthcare System to better serve our communities by integrating our organizations under one umbrella. In late 2021 Kalispell Regional Healthcare became Logan Health, named for Glacier National Park’s celebrated landmark Logan Pass. Our hospital, clinics, and the entire Logan Health System continue to serve our growing communities.
Our Hospital Services
- Birth Center
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Care Continuum
- Diabetes Education
- Emergency Department
- Infusion Services
- Nutrition Services
- Rehabilitation (Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy)
- Respiratory Therapy
- Supportive Therapies (Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Massage, Dog Visitation)
- Surgical Services