The Birth Center at Logan Health - Whitefish is here to help you in your childbirth experience, and we want your birth journey to be a stress free event. The opportunity to pre-register for your birth
was developed to ease the admissions process during your birth, answer questions ahead of time, and share available resources like tours and classes. Logan Health - Whitefish is pleased to provide this information to help you understand registration, patient billing, birth center resources, and opportunities for assistance.
Patient access and the registration process
In order to provide the a more pleasant patient birth experience, we recommend that patients pre-register for delivery. The process is simple and includes contacting the hospital’s patient access team during your second trimester to pre-register.
Benefits to pre-registration for delivery include:
- A personalized estimate for you and your baby
- Schedule a tour of The Birth Center at North Valley Hospital
- Receive information on free childbirth classes and other helpful resources for you and your family
- Talk with a Birth Center nurse to ask questions and understand your options
- Streamline the registration process and have a quicker entry/check-in at the time of your delivery
- Individual discussion with staff to answer questions, review alternative payment options and plans, and ensure authorizations are completed to help reduce stress and simplify the billing process
- For your convenience, you may pre-register online here or over the phone at (406) 863-3508. Once registered, our dedicated staff will be available to answer questions you may have.
For pre-registration, please contact Logan Health - Whitefish patient access at: (406) 863-3508 or click here
Processing and paying your bill with insurance
If you have insurance (including Medicare and Medicaid), the billing office will bill your insurance company shortly after your visit. You will receive a bill for you, and a second bill for your baby.
When a claim is sent to your insurance company, the hospital will send an informational letter to you. This is not a bill. The hospital will not contact you regarding your bill unless the insurance company has not paid your claim or a balance is due from you. Learn more about processing and paying your bill
Processing and paying your bill without insurance
For our customers that are uninsured or under-insured, our goal is to assist you with your financial needs prior to your delivery.
You will receive a bill for you, and a second bill for your baby. Both bills will be eventually merged into one monthly statement.
*If your treatment includes the services of a radiologist, pathologist, anesthesiologist or other physician specialist, you will receive a separate bill from these physicians.
- If you cannot pay your bill in full, patient financial services are available to make payment arrangements.
- Patients with no insurance or high deductibles may qualify for a variety of discounts upon request. To learn more, contact a Logan Health - Whitefish financial counselor (see contact information below).
- We can assist you in applying for Medicaid, a government program.
- We can help you determine if you qualify for our financial assistance program which can assist uninsured or under-insured patients who meet financial need criteria by discounting your bill between 20 and 100 percent.
We are here to help you. Please let us know if you have questions about the billing process or anticipate problems paying your portion of the bill. A financial counselor can discuss payment alternatives available to you, including government programs or charity care considerations.
To reach the appropriate person, please use the following numbers:
Pre-Registration and Patient Access: (406) 863-3508
Medicare/Medicaid Billing – last name begins with: A-K (406) 863-3722 and L-Z (406) 863-3723
Commercial Insurance: A-M (406) 863-3728 and N-Z (406) 863-3726
Financial Counselors: (406) 863-3567 or (406) 863-3727
Business Office: 1-800-511-5988