Education & Support
Breast Nurse Navigator
The Breast Nurse Navigator meets with patients during the initial phases of screening and possible cancer diagnosis. She is knowledgeable in multiple treatment options, can identify ways to help with the financial impact that a cancer diagnosis brings and will assist in coping with the strong emotional needs that can occur during this journey.
The goals of the Breast Nurse Navigator are:
- to provide information and education, thereby reducing a portion of the stress involved
- to improve patients' understanding of treatment plans
- to empower patients to participate in their own personal care and treatment process
- to ensure patients complete all treatments as prescribed
- She is a teacher, a liaison, an advocate and a friend throughout the entire cancer journey or until her services are no longer needed
For more information about the Breast Nurse Navigator program, call (406) 751-6488.
To reach the Breast Nurse Navigator, Kim Grindrod, B.S.N., R.N., O.C.N., C.B.C.N., call (406) 212-7331.
Cancer Support Services
Cancer Support & Survivorship provides a full range of support services for youth and adults affected by cancer. It takes a community to build a place for people affected by cancer. All our programs are offered free of charge and we count on working with the community as donors and volunteers to implement this important work.
Check our calendar regularly, as our activities are being updated each month. Schedules are subject to change and we kindly request that you RSVP by calling (406) 752-0130 for group activities so we can plan accordingly. Our activities are completely free of charge and intended to help heal and strengthen those impacted by cancer. Anyone diagnosed with cancer and their loved ones is welcome to attend our active programs.
View all Cancer Support & Survivorship activities.
- American Society of Breast Surgeons - Information and resources regarding breast issues written by breast surgeons.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network - The leading US authority on guidelines for cancer care. Suggested reading related to the following topics:
- American Cancer Society - Comprehensive information resources on all cancers and lodging support.
- National Library of Medicine - Learn how to evaluate health information online, TV, magazines, the web, to see what is good and bad.
- American Cancer Society Breast Cancer - Breast cancer specific information including facts and figures through American Cancer Society.
- National Cancer Institute - A wide variety of topics regarding breast cancer from the National Cancer Institute, include information on clinical trials.
- Breast Cancer.org - A non-profit comprehensive breast cancer site including blogs, new research, and Think Pink Live Green.
- Cancer Care - Offers counseling, support groups, education and financial assistance for people affected by all kinds of cancer.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons - Explore options for reconstruction after a mastectomy, which includes select surgeons from Logan Health.
- Cancer Care - Metastatic breast cancer patient support group. This is an online free support group for metastatic breast cancer patients around the US.
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Network - Non-profit national organization dedicated to the unique concerns of the women and men living with metastatic breast cancer. Website offers resources and support.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network - The leading US authority on guidelines for cancer care. This is their patient recourse for metastatic breast cancer.
- Logan Health Genetics - Learn more about our Logan Health genetics program, genetic counselors and how genetic counseling can help you.
- American Cancer Society - Learn more about genetics and cancer.
- FORCE - Facing Our Risk Together is a national non-profit devoted to hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. Providing detailed info, resources, and support.
- Young Survival Coalition - Online community for young women to face breast cancer together.
- Cancer Care - This link offers detailed info on what is survivorship and useful resources for you post-treatment.
- Cancer Support Community - Resources regarding life-after treatment.
- First Descents - Experience the healing power of adventure. First Descents provides life-changing, outdoor adventures for young adults impacted by cancer.
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer - Survivorship and support/education resources for recently diagnoses and survivors.
- National Cancer Institute - Government organization with a focus on research and treatment of cancer. This page provides information about fertility and cancer.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Non-profit organization providing information about blood cancers, their treatment and impact on fertility.
- Fertility Within Reach - Fertility preservation resources for cancer patients
- Stupid Cancer - National organization to provide support to young adults diagnosed with cancer.
- National Lymphedema Network - NLN is dedicated to promoting awareness of lymphedema and empowering people with lymphedema to live life to the fullest.
- Cancer Care: Lymphedema - Cancer Care provides information, resources, and support to help people with cancer managing lymphedema, and possible side effects from cancer treatments.
- Flathead Cancer Aid Services - Local financial support for everyday expenses while you are undergoing cancer treatment.
- Wings - Local financial support that will reimburse for any travel, lodging, and meals while traveling for oncology appointments.
- Allyson Whitney Foundation - Government organization with a focus on research and treatment of cancer. This page provides information about fertility and cancer.
Social & Emotional Support:
- Logan Health Cancer Support & Survivorship - Local non-profit that offers all free services for anyone touched by cancer. Services include counseling, support groups, cooking and nutrition classes, and exercise opportunities.
- Cancer Care - Online support groups for specific cancer diagnoses. See which one fits you best. All support groups are free.
- Flathead Valley Cancer Chicks - Local online support group where you can ask questions and meet others in the area with similar diagnosis. See website for more information