13:52 PM

Join KRH at the community needs assessment public hearing

The City of Kalispell, Flathead County, Montana West Economic Development, Flathead Valley Community College, Samaritan House Inc., United Way, Community Action Partnership of Northwest Montana, Kalispell Public Schools and Kalispell Regional Healthcare are holding a combined public hearing at 1 p.m. on Thursday, November 2, in the Kalispell City Council Chambers located in the Kalispell City Hall at 201 First Avenue East, Kalispell, MT 59901.

The purpose of this hearing is to obtain the views of community residents, especially low and moderate income residents, regarding the community development needs and priorities of the City of Kalispell and Flathead County for economic development, housing and neighborhood revitalization, and public facilities.

The entities listed above are eligible to submit an application to the Montana Department of Commerce for a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and/or a Montana Home Investment Partnership Program Grant (HOME) and wish to obtain public comment on the needs of the community. The purpose of the grant programs and the variety of activities eligible for funding will be fully described. During the public hearing, everyone will be given the opportunity to express their opinions regarding community needs and the type of projects that should be considered. Comments may be given orally at the hearing or submitted in writing before 1 p.m. on November 2.

Recommendations will be received and evaluated for this cycle of grant funding. If not successful for this funding cycle, all requests will be placed on a list for future consideration.

For more information, or to submit suggestions, please contact the City of Kalispell Community and Economic Development Department at (406) 758-7738. CDBG or HOME application guidelines are available for review on the Montana Department of Commerce website, commerce.mt.gov.

Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to attend this meeting. Please call the city clerk at (406) 758-7756 to request an accommodation.