Back to school, back to busy
KRH Care Anywhere offers online care 24/7
Kids are heading back to school and things are about to get busy for many families. Avoid adding illness to your schedule by following a few basic tips (below) to keep everyone fit and healthy. Learn more about how the virtual clinic can help you and your family.
Tips for healthy living
- Wash your hands - Hands touch everything and can be covered in germs. Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub. Teach kids to wash their hands before meals when germ-covered fingers are more likely to touch their mouth.
- Quality sleep - Sleep is important, especially for children. Ongoing poor sleep can make both kids and adults feel run down and less resilient to fighting illness. Tiredness can also lower performance at school and work.
- Healthy food - Try to eat high quality and minimally processed foods, such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy fats and lean sources of protein.
- Exercise for mind and body - Regular exercise contributes to physical health and can lift your mood. Participate in group sports, go to the gym or take your family out for regular walks.
- Spend time with friends and family - Research indicates that social relationships have long term health benefits. Make the effort to spend time with loved ones, knowing that you are helping them too!
- Vaccinate to avoid disease - Schools may require kids to be vaccinated before the school year… but are you up to date? Speak with your primary care provider to see which vaccinations are recommended for you.
Common conditions for kids
Our virtual clinic provides online urgent care for many children. Some of the more common conditions we see are:
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Skin rashes and bug bites
- Cough or sore throat
- Cold or flu
If you or your family feel sick or have a minor injury, speak with one of our providers at any time of the day at night. We’re standing by to offer you quality care from the comfort of home. KRH Care Anywhere providers are available 24/7 to help.