August 2023 President & CEO Report
Logan Health Family,
I'm happy to share my quarterly President & CEO Report. It has been a very busy summer and we have much to celebrate. In the following sections, you'll learn more about my thoughts on the upcoming effective date of our new relationship with Billings Clinic, get a first look at our 2023 Report to the Community, and join me in celebrating our teams' accomplishments.
Craig Lambrecht, MD
Logan Health President & CEO
As recently shared, we will officially unite with Billings Clinic as one organization on September 1. Dr. Clint Seger, CEO of Billings Clinic, and I held meetings in Billings and Kalispell Thursday and Friday of last week with providers, employees and community members to talk about the next steps and the benefits of a combined organization. On Thursday afternoon while in Billings, the team received notification that they were awarded Level 1 Trauma designation, which was met with much celebration and enthusiasm!
This is a historic event for Montana and will have a significant impact on patients in our region. Bringing our two organizations together creates many opportunities for enhanced patient care, access to services and shared resources. After September 1, our teams will begin working together to integrate the two organizations. Through this process our patients, our employees and our providers will be at the forefront.
We will continue to keep you updated as integration efforts progress.
Report to the Community
Our contributions to the health and wellness of Montanans go well beyond the care we provide within the walls of our hospitals, clinics and facilities. As a not-for-profit health care system, it is our duty to be our community’s partner in health. I am very proud of the work the Logan Health team does to fulfill our mission and support the health and well-being of those we serve.
We recently wrapped up our Report to the Community, which shares information about our community impact, ways that we engage with the communities we serve and stories of hope, health and resilience.
I'm often humbled when I pause to reflect on the great work of all our teams over the past quarter:
- Logan Health - Whitefish received a 5-star overall rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Additionally, Logan Health – Whitefish received a 5-star rating in patient experience from Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS).
- Logan Health Medical Center was named one of only 54 hospitals nationwide by the Lown Institute to earn Honor Roll status for the year with “A” grades in all top categories: Social Responsibility, Health Equity, Value of Care, and Patient Outcomes. LHMC is ranked #1 in Montana in these categories!
- LHMC was also awarded eight American Heart Association (AHA) achievement awards for their implementation of quality improvement measures that ensure cardiovascular patients receive efficient and coordinated care. For the fourth year in a row, LHMC has led all hospitals in the state in total number of achievement awards.
- Many of our Logan Health employees were recognized inside and outside our organization: Logan Health-Whitefish celebrated their 2023 Planetree Award Winners and Nominees; Logan Health team members were honored with the Daily Inter Lake's 20 under 40 Award and recognized in multiple Best of the Flathead categories; we honored a new graduating class of CNAs; the annual nursing awards event recognized nurses across the system; and we hosted Health Care Worker's week, honoring all our staff. On August 10, Logan Health Medical Center hosted a recognition reception to share longevity and other awards.
- From 2021 to 2023, employee giving to the Logan Health Foundation increased over 31% and total employee donations increased by 260%!
- We initiated the installation of new digital imaging technology at hospitals across the Hi-Line.
- Hundreds of kids benefited from Logan Health sponsored summer events, including Spring into Safety, Cut Bank Kid's Fair, A Day at the Ballpark, Hoop Dreams and The Kids Triathlon.
- Our teams honored 24 high school students across Lake, Lincoln, Flathead, Glacier, Toole, Pondera and Liberty counties with Logan Health’s Healthy Futures Scholarships and Winslow Nichols Leadership Awards.
- Our surgical and pulmonary teams launched a new robotic-assisted platform for minimally invasive biopsy of the lung, improving lung cancer diagnostics with up to 90% accuracy.
- We kicked off the “Let’s Talk About It” campaign to raise awareness about mental health and suicide prevention.
These are just a few of many wins across the system. The bottom line is that we are moving forward making a difference in the lives of patients, achieving high quality care and impacting our community.