Occupational Health Services
Welcome to Occupational Health Services. In today's economy, we understand that having a job is more important than ever. At OHS, our job is keeping you at yours.
Our dedicated team of physicians, nurse practitioners, therapists, nurses and case managers has been ensuring the safety of workers and helping you maximize workplace productivity since 1991. Whether you're the boss, or the boss-to-be, our one-stop shop has an extensive range of services to meet your needs in the Flathead Valley and beyond.
We look forward to partnering with you to bring a new level of work safety and health to your business. Our mission at Occupational Health Services is to keep Montana's workforce healthy, safe and on the job.
Once you have received a conditional job offer from your employer, a pre-employment screening will be scheduled for you at OHS. Your appointment will consist of the following: urine drug test, blood draw, review of medical and immunization history, and review and physical testing of the physical requirements of the position you have accepted. Please bring a picture ID.
Prior to your appointment, please complete the packet below in its entirety. Forms should be returned to OHS at least 24 hours prior to your appointment via one of the following:
If you have any questions or concerns, please call (406) 751-4189
. We look forward to working with you.
Pre-Employment Screening Packet
Are You Injured?
If you or someone on the job has suffered a life-threatening medical condition, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency medical facility immediately.
We understand that prompt evaluation and treatment is the way to ensure the best outcome for both the patient and your business. With more than 15 years of experience, our clinic provides a comprehensive array of injury management services:
- Prompt attention to cuts, fractures, exposures and other non-life-threatening medical injuries
- First aid treatments that help you reduce OSHA-reportable injuries
- Analysis of how an injury relates to work duties
- Legible and prompt document completion
- Return-to-work guidelines customized to your business
- An on-site certified case manager to optimize treatment
Our team of physician, nurse practitioner, nurses and therapist offer an all-inclusive approach to business safety, health and productivity. Below are a few services Occupational Health has to offer:
Whether you drive a big rig, a crane or a tug boat, OHS has you covered, as our broad spectrum of exams test for both federal and state regulatory requirements. Among these are exams for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, crane operators and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Fitness for Duty Exams
To maximize safety and productivity, you need to have the right employees doing the right jobs. Our services help you ensure the best match:
Impairment Ratings/Disability Exams
- WorkSTEPS functional employment testing
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Post-offer screenings
- Montana Subsequent Injury Fund determinations
When it comes to making a diagnosis, OHS relies on objective medical findings. We offer accurate and unbiased examination services that involve:
- Examiners trained in both the sixth and fifth edition American Medical Association Guides to Permanent Impairment
- Examiners trained by the American Board of Medical Examiners
- Concise and legible reports
- Report turnaround in one to four days
- Medical chart review services
Making it in the business world sometimes requires a lot of noise. With our extensive hearing conservation services, OHS can ensure the roar of success isn't followed by the silence of hearing loss. We offer:
- In-clinic or on-site audiometric screenings certified by the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation
- Measurements of site noise exposure level
- Physician review of abnormal audiograms
- OSHA and MSHA hearing conservation training
The history of occupational medicine shows that no body component has suffered more than the lungs. With our in-depth analyses, OHS can bring safety to each breath by providing:
Impaired Employee Services
- OSHA-regulated medical evaluation for respiratory use
- Analysis of worksite respiratory hazards
- As-needed pulmonary function testing and physical exams
- Respiratory fit testing via saccharin or Bitrex
Nothing can be more dangerous than an impaired employee at work. Whether your concern is inappropriate alcohol use, prescription drugs, illicit drugs, or even over-the-counter drugs or medications, OHS can provide the testing and counseling both you and your employee need to succeed.