Employee Health Initiatives
Occupational Health Services offers DOT (Department of Transportation) physicals for $80. These exams include:
- Same-day certification
- Certified FMCSA examiners
- Complete physical exam
All of our medical staff are certified to perform DOT physicals, with more than 40 years of combined experience.
Review the following requirements before your exam and be sure to bring the specified information to your appointment.
Bring a complete list of all your medications.
Drivers who have high blood pressure:
Blood pressure must be below 140/90 on the day of your exam.
Drivers who require eyeglasses, contact lenses or hearing aids:
Bring your eyeglasses, contacts or hearing aids.
Drivers who have diabetes:
Bring the most recent results of your hemoglobin A1c and your blood sugar logs.
Drivers who have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine:
Bring a reading from your machine and at least 90 days of data.
Drivers who have heart-related issues:
Bring a letter from your cardiologist outlining your medical history.
Bring your recent test results – stress test, echocardiogram or other testing.
Job analysis builds a foundation for your employee injury prevention programs by describing your jobs in a standardized and easily understood manner. We help you:
- Assess job duties and required skills, abilities and education.
- Review specific job machines, tools and equipment.
- Analyze job environment and materials handling.
- Assess work postures and develop ergonomic worksite modifications.
- Create an effective pre-work screening program.
- Create job files.
- Analyze and classify high-risk jobs.
- Establish criteria to determine when injured employees are ready to return to work.
A drug screening program is the best way to keep illicit substances out of your business and out of your employees. At OHS, maintaining a drug-free workplace is of highest priority. Our services include:
- On-site medical review officer and substance abuse program administrator
- Certified urine drug screen collectors and breath alcohol technicians
- Certified lab analysis
- Pre-employment, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, random, return-to-duty, follow-up and periodic testing
- Urine, blood, breath, oral fluid and hair testing
- Worksite, ER and in-house specimen collection
- 24/7 testing for for post-accident and reasonable cause
- Program administration for random drug and alcohol testing
- Random testing pool maintenance for both DOT and non-DOT employers
- Federal- and state-regulated supervisor training
- Drug-free workplace program development
If you need to reach us after hours, please call our main number, (406) 751-4189. Your call will be routed to the Communication Center, who will assist you in contacting the on-call staff.
There is no better way to treat an injury than to prevent one from happening in the first place. We offer several services designed to keep your employees at work and out of the emergency room.
Body Mechanics Training
A board certified ergonomics physical therapist leads our program, called Ergonomic. It provides:
- Worksite analysis programs tailored for businesses, groups and individuals
- Self-management techniques
- Training to develop habits that help prevent injuries
Any accidental blood exposure is a serious and distressing event. Occupational Health Services can help you get the timely treatment and evaluation you need to protect yourself. We offer:
- On-call services for immediate exposure evaluation
- Worksite analysis of potential hazards
- Employee and supervisor OSHA-required training
- Protocols to comply with OSHA regulations on bloodborne pathogens
Sometimes, more than just acute treatment is needed to get back to work. Using our testing facilities, our certified rehabilitation counselors can return injured workers to employment safely and promptly. We help:
- Analyze transferable skills.
- Conduct academic testing.
- Develop a rehabilitation plan.
- Do a labor market survey.
- Determine vocational alternatives and job placement.
- Assess for retraining possibilities.
- Arrange expert witness testimony.
- Analyze needs and interest.
- Prepare a resume.
We can provide services to support your efforts to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Our medical review officer, breath alcohol technicians and urine drug collectors meet training and certification required by 49 CFR Part 40. Our breath alcohol technicians and urine drug collectors are on call 24/7 for post-accident and reasonable cause testing. If you need to reach us after hours, please call our main number, (406) 751-4189. Your call will be routed to the Communication Center, who will assist you in contacting the on-call staff. We can arrange collection sites outside Flathead County if needed.
We provide supervisor training for DOT drug and alcohol testing. As our client for testing services, your employees would receive a 50 percent discount for those training sessions. We do training sessions quarterly at The Summit in Kalispell. We also can provide training at your site for a minimum of $150 per two-hour session (plus travel time and mileage for locations outside of Kalispell). We provide employee training that can be tailored to your work environment and employee needs.
Our medical providers have specialized training and experience in impairment assessments and fitness for duty evaluations. This service is available 24/7 through our on-call staff.
Occupational Health Services is your best partner for a drug-free workplace!