Weekly COVID-19 Case Status Update
On July 30 2021
, the county health department placed the entire facility in an exposed status. Chapel and outdoor visits are not allowed for any pod until further notice. we identified a symptomatic positive COVID-19 staff member who worked in the facility. Compassionate care and window visits can continue.
With guidance from the County Health Department, we’ve placed admissions to the facility on hold and restrictions on visitation. All residents and staff will undergo COVID-19 surveillance testing, regardless of vaccination status, to determine next steps.
The County Health Department has placed us in outbreak status. Per the mandatory CMS directive, we will participate in the following actions:
- On the morning of August 5, 2021, all residents will be tested for the virus.
- ALL staff will test twice a week, regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitation and outings: Certain areas of Brendan House will still be under visitor restrictions.
- There will be NO indoor visits at this time.
- Residents may still go out to necessary medical appointments only.
- Continue hand hygiene, social distancing, and appropriate PPE with patient care delivery.
- Residents should be encouraged to remain in their rooms and wear masks when they are out of their rooms.
- Communal dining and activities will continue with heightened awareness of infection prevention protocols.
Safeguarding Our Residents
The health and safety of our Brendan House residents and employees continues to be our highest priority. On Friday, March 13, 2020, at 7:30 p.m., Kalispell Regional Healthcare issued a strict visitor restriction for Brendan House as a precautionary measure to protect our residents. All Brendan House employees, residents, and essential visitors continue to perform daily preventive practices to keep our facility safe and healthy.
Within our facility, we will continue to:
- Encourage use of telehealth visits for residents.
- Practice safe reprocessing of all reusable resident medical equipment.
- Observe visitor restrictions at facility.
- Screen and mask all employees and essential visitors daily before entrance to facility.
- Screen residents for symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Use appropriate PPE to protect all employees and essential visitors.
- Practice safe donning and doffing of PPE by all employees and essential visitors.
- Social distance within the facility: Cancel large facility gatherings, common room dinners and activities, and community events.
- Ensure thorough and frequent cleaning and disinfection within the facility.
- Practice proper hand hygiene: Washing hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide education and guidance to both employees and residents on infection prevention protocols and procedures.
JULY 2, 2021 - Letter to residents and families: Notification of outbreak status
MAY 11, 2021 - Guidance for resident outings
MARCH 6, 2021 - Patient/Resident Families Agreement Letter
FEBRUARY 22, 2021 - Letter to residents and families: Notification of the end of outbreak response
JANUARY 4, 2021 - Letter to residents and families: Brendan House now admitting to Glacier Pod
DECEMBER 11, 2020 - Letter to residents and families: Brendan House now admitting to Glacier Pod
DECEMBER 1, 2020 - Letter of compliance from CMS
NOVEMBER 4, 2020 - Brendan House staff and resident surveillance testing update
OCTOBER 6, 2020 - Brendan House employee, staff surveillance testing update
SEPTEMBER 6, 2020 - Brendan House employee testing update, letter to residents and families
JUNE 26, 2020 - Letter to Brendan House Residents and Families
MAY 8, 2020 - Canvas Church delivers 200 succulents to Brendan House residents for Mother's Day
APRIL 23, 2020 - Daybreak Rotary Club of Kalispell donates iPads to Brendan House residents
APRIL 22, 2020 - KRH introduces Connection Point, a safe visitation place for Brendan House
APRIL 7, 2020 - KRH expands telehealth services, offers virtual clinic appointments
MARCH 15, 2020 - KRH expands efforts to protect health of the community
MARCH 13, 2020 - Brendan House to implement visitor restrictions