Brendan House Communication Updates
Weekly COVID-19 Case Status Update
June 27 Update:
COVID-19 surveillance testing did result in a positive ancillary staff member. This staff member had minimal contact with Brendan House patients. The staff member will remain out of the facility until cleared by employee health and contract tracing including follow-up testing is in process. We currently have 3 active COVID-19 patients in Glacier POD. These patients remain in the facility for continued care and isolation precautions are in place. All staff in Glacier POD are to wear N95/respirators at this time. COVID-19 surveillance testing of residents will occur today, 6/27. Further updates will be shared when available.
Residents may leave the facility for outings, please observe the following guidance
. Indoor visits are still allowed per the updated visitation policy
. Virtual visits can also be scheduled by calling (406) 751-6517
Per the mandatory Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services directive, we will participate in the following actions:
- Continue hand hygiene, social distancing, and appropriate PPE with patient care delivery.
- Residents should be encouraged to remain in their rooms and wear masks when they are out of their rooms.
- Communal dining and activities will continue with heightened awareness of infection prevention protocols.
Safeguarding Our Residents
Within our facility, we will continue to:
- Encourage use of telehealth visits for residents.
- Practice safe reprocessing of all reusable resident medical equipment.
- Observe visitor restrictions at facility.
- Screen and mask all employees and essential visitors daily before entrance to facility.
- Screen residents for symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Use appropriate PPE to protect all employees and essential visitors.
- Practice safe donning and doffing of PPE by all employees and essential visitors.
- Social distance within the facility: Cancel large facility gatherings, common room dinners and activities, and community events.
- Ensure thorough and frequent cleaning and disinfection within the facility.
- Practice proper hand hygiene: Washing hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide education and guidance to both employees and residents on infection prevention protocols and procedures.
NOVEMBER 27, 2021 - Letter to residents and families: Update to visitation policy
JULY 2, 2021 - Letter to residents and families: Notification of outbreak status
MAY 11, 2021 - Guidance for resident outings
MARCH 6, 2021 - Patient/Resident Families Agreement Letter
FEBRUARY 22, 2021 - Letter to residents and families: Notification of the end of outbreak response
JANUARY 4, 2021 - Letter to residents and families: Brendan House now admitting to Glacier Pod
DECEMBER 11, 2020 - Letter to residents and families: Brendan House now admitting to Glacier Pod
DECEMBER 1, 2020 - Letter of compliance from CMS
NOVEMBER 4, 2020 - Brendan House staff and resident surveillance testing update
OCTOBER 6, 2020 - Brendan House employee, staff surveillance testing update
SEPTEMBER 6, 2020 - Brendan House employee testing update, letter to residents and families
JUNE 26, 2020 - Letter to Brendan House Residents and Families
MAY 8, 2020 - Canvas Church delivers 200 succulents to Brendan House residents for Mother's Day
APRIL 23, 2020 - Daybreak Rotary Club of Kalispell donates iPads to Brendan House residents
APRIL 22, 2020 - KRH introduces Connection Point, a safe visitation place for Brendan House
APRIL 7, 2020 - KRH expands telehealth services, offers virtual clinic appointments
MARCH 15, 2020 - KRH expands efforts to protect health of the community
MARCH 13, 2020 - Brendan House to implement visitor restrictions