Brendan House Communication Updates
Weekly COVID-19 Case Status Update
December 2 COVID-19 update:
Overnight, follow-up testing resulted in another COVID positive patient in Glacier POD. The patient will remain in the facility on isolation precautions. This brings the total of active COVID cases in the facility to 5. The positive cases are only in the Glacier POD at this time. All staff please continue to use N95s when working in Glacier POD.
Brendan House will also be restricting visitation of children 12 and under beginning on December 5th.
Residents may leave the facility for outings, please observe the following guidelines
. Indoor visits are still allowed per the updated visitation policy
. Virtual visits can also be scheduled by calling (406) 751-6517
Per the mandatory Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services directive, we will participate in the following actions:
- Continue hand hygiene, social distancing, and appropriate PPE with patient care delivery.
- Residents should be encouraged to remain in their rooms and wear masks when they are out of their rooms.
- Communal dining and activities will continue with heightened awareness of infection prevention protocols.
Safeguarding Our Residents
Within our facility, we will continue to:
- Encourage use of telehealth visits for residents.
- Practice safe reprocessing of all reusable resident medical equipment.
- Observe visitor restrictions at facility.
- Screen and mask all employees and essential visitors daily before entrance to facility.
- Screen residents for symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Use appropriate PPE to protect all employees and essential visitors.
- Practice safe donning and doffing of PPE by all employees and essential visitors.
- Social distance within the facility: Cancel large facility gatherings, common room dinners and activities, and community events.
- Ensure thorough and frequent cleaning and disinfection within the facility.
- Practice proper hand hygiene: Washing hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide education and guidance to both employees and residents on infection prevention protocols and procedures.
NOVEMBER 27, 2021 - Letter to residents and families: Update to visitation policy
MAY 11, 2021 - Guidance for resident outings
MARCH 6, 2021 - Patient/Resident Families Agreement Letter