If you have questions about your bill please contact our billing department. If you're interested in our financial assistance program please contact Tracie Romanchuk at our billing department at 406-759-5181, ext. 6508.
Financial Assistance Program Summary
Financial Assistance Policy
Financial Assistance Application
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When paying your medical bill is a concern
Logan Health Chester has a financial assistance policy, which maybe able to assist with your medical expenses. Please review the Financial Assistance Program summary.
What is financial assistance?
Logan Health Chester offers Financial Assistance for emergency and other medically necessary services provided and billed through Logan Health Chester. If you don't have insurance or need help with costs that aren't covered, financial assistance may be available. Patients who meet eligibility requirements will receive discounted medical services based on Federal Poverty Guidelines.
How do I request fiancial assistance?
You have several options to obtain a Financial Assistance application.
1. Complete Logan Health Chester's Financial Assistance Application
2. Contact phone number listed on your billing statement.
3. Visit the registration representative at the clinic or hospital and they will be able to provide you with an application.
What do I need to supply along with my request for financial assistance?
Return the application completed in its entirety along with:
1. Copy of your most recent complete tax return, including all schedules.
2. Copies of the two most recent pay stubs for each wage earner in the household.
3. Proof of third party coverage status or eligibility (including Medicare or Medicaid.)
What should I expect?
Your application will be reviewed and a decision will be communicated to you within 30 days. All information is confidential. To qualify for financial assistance, your household income must be at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level. This eligibility is determined by:
1. Family Size
2. Income Guidelines
4. Terminal Illness
5. Employment Status
6. Third Party Coverage status or Eligibility
Billing and Collections
Payment, Billing and Collection Policy
Choose How You Want to Pay
Authorization to Release Financial Information
We offer a variety of options to pay your hospital bill. You can pay with cash, check, credit card or debit card.
You may pay your bill securely online with a credit card at Pay My Bill
You can pay your entire bill or a portion of your bill. To set up automatic monthly payments or to establish a payment arrangement, please call our accounts receivable staff at (406) 532-8080 or toll free (800) 626-6794.
Healthy Montana Kids
Apply for Medicaid
Montana Informed Patient
No Surprise Billing Act
Where to find more information:
- The prices listed are the amounts Logan Health - Chester would bill an insurer. The amounts may not be what you will pay out-of-pocket.
- The prices listed were in effect as of DEC 27, 2022. Hospital prices are updated annually with the most recent overall price change implemented on JULY 1, 2022. In some cases, charges may change during the year and may have been updated since DEC 27, 2022.
- Hospital charges are the amount a hospital bills an insurer for a service. For most patients, hospitals are reimbursed at a level well below charges. Patients covered by commercial insurance have negotiated rates with hospitals. Patients covered by Medicare or Medicaid programs have hospital reimbursement rates determined by federal and state governments.
- Hospital charges may also include bundled rates for procedures, personnel, services and supplies. For example, inpatient room rates include the space, equipment, nursing personnel, oxygen and routine sterile intravenous supplies.
When you have the opportunity to shop for medical services, it’s important to contact your own insurance carrier to understand which costs will be covered and which will be your responsibility. Logan Health - Chester has established a process to help patients find out what an anticipated visit or procedure would cost. For quick, clear answers to questions about billing, payments, insurance and more, call us at (406) 759-5181 and request the Billing Office. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Also, the Montana Hospital Association offers web-based resources to help Montanans with their health care decisions: