Built in 2004, our facility has been serving the Flathead Valley community and surrounding area for more than a decade. In 2015, our facility doubled in space, acquired a second linear accelerator and expanded the capacity to treat patients.
We now use the following equipment to deliver quality patient care:
- Varian TrueBeam STx System with HD 120™ Multileaf Collimator, Integrated IGRT Couch Top with PerfectPitch 6DOF Couch, CBCT, KV-KV, and MV imaging, OSMS Patient Motion Monitoring System, and RPM Gating System
- Varian Clinac 23EX with CBCT, KV-KV, and MV imaging, Catalyst C-Rad Motion Monitoring System, and RPM Gating System
- Varian Eclipse Treatment Planning System
- Varian Aria Oncology Management System
- Toshiba Large Bore Aquilion CT/Simulator with 4D scanning and RPM Gating System
- GammaMed Plus iX 24 Channel HDR Afterloader System
In addition to standard radiation therapy delivery options, our facility offers a wide range of advanced technologies and specialized services to ensure precise treatment delivery for optimal outcomes. This includes:
Varian 23 Linear Accelerator
A linear accelerator is a must-have for any radiation oncology care provider. Approximately 60 percent of all cancer cases in the U.S. involve some form of radiation therapy, and recent technological improvements by linear accelerator manufacturers allow for unprecedented accuracy and safety in treating tumors, and limiting effects on the surrounding normal tissue.
Truebeam® Radiotherapy and Stereotactic Radiosurgery
This technology gives medical professionals the tools to treat many different types of cancer. Simple treatments that once took 10 to 30 minutes can now be completed in less than two minutes. As well as allowing for a more comfortable experience for the patient with less time on the treatment couch, faster delivery also means reduced chances of tumor motion during treatment, which helps protect nearby healthy tissue and critical organs.
The precision of the TrueBeam system is measured in increments of less than a millimeter. This accuracy is made possible by the system’s sophisticated architecture, which synchronizes imaging, patient positioning, motion management, beam shaping and dose delivery, performing accuracy checks every 10 milliseconds throughout the entire treatment.
GammaMedplus™ iX HDR Brachytherapy Afterloader
To meet the needs of a broader range of customers, Varian Brachytherapy includes the GammaMedplus 3/24 iX model in its family of brachytherapy solutions.