An observer is a person who is in the facility to shadow a specific person(s). The observer will have no direct physical contact with the patient, nor would he/she, in any way, direct or participate in the treatment of the patient. This person is in the organization to observe only. You must be at least 16 years of age to observe in our facilities.
- A typical observation experience in any Logan Health department is 4-8 hours.
- Most communications from the Student Department are done via email so please check the email you provide in your application for any updates, approvals or any documentation needed to complete your request.
- We are closed on weekends so if you plan to observe on a weekend, please make sure you have received approval and obtained your observer ID badge or made arrangements to do so, before you schedule your observation date and time
PAPERWORK, DOCUMENTATION AND REQUIREMENT INFORMATION FOR ROTATIONS
Please review the following documents that include the requirements for doing an educational observation at Logan Health.
Logan Health Dress Code Policy HR530
Logan Health Student/Observer Policy EDU800
Logan Health Observer HIPAA Information and Helpful Tips
Logan Health Parking Map
Required immunization and communicable disease records:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella): Two official records of vaccinations OR positive results from titers showing immunity
- Varicella (chickenpox): Record of two vaccinations OR positive titer results showing immunity OR observers can provide documentation for proof of having the chickenpox from their Primary Care Provider
- Tdap (tetanus w/pertussis): Vaccination record is required
- TB test (PPD-tuberculosis):
- You will be required to provide a negative TB skin test (PPD), T-SPOT blood test or QuantiFERON Gold (QFT) blood test, unless your observation experience is going to be less than 8 hours .
- Please fill out the TB questionnaire below for approval of observation experiences under 8 hours total.
Please review the COVID-19 Student, Instructor and Trainee Requirements.
HAND HYGIENE VIDEO
Watch this Hand Washing Video
We appreciate your interest in observing at Logan Health. Please give us 30 days to process your request. We will try our best but may not be able to honor your request. Approvals are based on the number of requests received, census, staffing and space restrictions.
1. Observer Application
2. Tuberculosis (TB) Management Form
MINOR OBSERVER AGREEMENT
If you are under the age of 18 you will need to have your legal parent or guardian fill out the Minor Observer Agreemen
t and upload it on your application. The application is located near the bottom of this page.
Student, Instructor, Resident, Observer, & Trainee Document Dropbox
Any documents that need to be filled out need to be returned to the Logan Health student coordinator.
We have provided a link below to virtual panels that were recorded in 2021. The individuals that were a part of these panels are local and have experience as instructors, students or healthcare professionals in these areas. We will add additional panels and videos as they become available.
Multiple Career Videos:
Pursuing Careers in Health Care and Bioscience
Medical Assistant Career Video