An observer is a person who is in the facility to shadow a specific person(s). The observer will have no direct physical contact with the patient, nor would they, in any way, direct or participate in the treatment of the patient. This person is in the organization to observe only. You must be at least 16 years of age to observe in our facilities. A typical observation experience in any Logan Health department is 4-8 hours. Communications from the Student Department are done via email so please check the email you provide in your application for any updates, approvals or any documentation needed to complete your request.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Please review the following documents.
*Policies updated 4/20/22.
Logan Health Observer Program- EDU805
Logan Health Student-Non-Employee Training Programs- EDU800
Logan Health Organization Code of Conduct- A302
Logan Health Hand Hygiene- IC435
Logan Health Code of Conduct
Logan Health Parking Map
- If you are under the age of 18 you will need to have your legal parent or guardian complete the Minor Observer Agreement and upload it to your application.
- Immunization Requirements:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella): Two official records of vaccinations OR positive results from titers showing immunity.
- TB test (PPD-tuberculosis):
- You are required to complete the Tuberculous Management form if your observation experience is going to be LESS than 8 hours.
- You are required to provide two negative TB skin test (PPD), T-SPOT blood test or QuantiFERON Gold (QFT) blood test if your observation experience is going to be less GREATER 8 hours.
- Varicella (chickenpox): Record of two vaccinations OR positive titer results showing immunity OR observers can provide documentation for proof of having the chickenpox from their Primary Care Provider.
- Tdap (tetanus w/pertussis).
- Covid-19 Vaccination/Exemption Form – to be completed unless your observation experience is going to be less than 8 hours. *Please visit our Covid-19 Student Page for exemption Forms.
1. Observer Application
2. Tuberculosis (TB) Management Form
- required to complete if you are observing less than 8 hours.
Observer application approvals are based on the number of requests received, census, staffing and space restrictions. Once a completed application is submitted; please allow 48 business hours to receive a response
acknowledging that your application was received.
**During high volume seasons (spring break, summer break, and winter break); please allow 72 business hours to receive a response
acknowledging that your application was received. .
Hand Hygiene Video:
Watch this Hand Washing Video
Please review the COVID-19 Student, Instructor and Trainee Requirements.
Multiple Career Videos:
Pursuing Careers in Health Care and Bioscience
Medical Assistant Career Video
We have provided a links to virtual panels that were recorded in 2021. The individuals that were a part of these panels are local and have experience as instructors, students or healthcare professionals in these areas. We will add additional panels and videos as they become available.