Effective Monday, May 18, 2020, we have opened up our student educational experiences to a limited number of students and trainees.
Information will continue to evolve and we will update this information as it becomes available. Thank you for your understanding.
You must review the COVID-19 Student, Instructor, Resident and Trainee Requirements
A current affiliation agreement needs to be in place between KRH and the employee's employer to move forward with educational placements for training rotations. Please contact us as soon as possible to ensure an agreement is current and in place well in advance of an educational experience. This cannot be done by the individual departments and must be approved by the Student Affiliations department.
Paperwork, Documentation and Requirement Information for Educational Training Experiences
Watch this Hand Washing Video
1a. Review EDU800 Policy
1b. Review Logan Health Student/Resident/Trainee/Instructor Checklist/Orientation Manual updated 8/9/2021
1c. Review HR530 Dress Code Policy
1d. Review The Code of Conduct
2. Fill out the Personal Information Form below. This will need to be filled out prior to the beginning of any and every rotation and/or experience. This form will be sent directly to the Kalispell Regional Healthcare Student Coordinator when you hit the submit button. Make sure you review this entire page before filling out this form as you will be agreeing that you have read and understand the information provided.
Student/Trainee/Resident Personal Information Form for Logan Health
Background Check Information
1. Submit a copy of a background check along with the Background Check/Release Form
or just a copy of the Background Check/Release Form
filled out by the health care facility with the date the background check was cleared and signed by both the trainee and the training site representative. If you choose the latter, there is a chance we will request a copy of the original background check for auditing purposes.
2. Please check the Office of Inspector General (OIG) exclusions list http://exclusions.oig.hhs.gov/
, the System for Award Management (SAM) https://www.sam.gov/SAM/pages/public/searchRecords/search.jsf
exclusions list and the national sexual offender registry search http://www.nsopw.gov/en-us
and send copies of the clear status for each trainee.
Immunization and Communicable Disease Record Documentation Required
All learners are required to have current immunizations listed below, not only for their safety, but also for the safety of our patients, staff, volunteers and visitors.
MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- 2 official records receiving vaccinations
- Positive titer results for each measles, mumps and rubella proving immunity
- Record of 2 vaccinations
- Positive titer results proving immunity
- Individuals can provide documentation for proof ofhaving the chickenpox from their Healthcare Provider
- A titer with reactive or positive results
- Can be declined but individual must sign a declination. This can be found on the website.
Tetanus w/ Pertussis (Tdap) Every 10 years vaccination needs to be repeated.
**Please note: this must be the Adult Tdap
the DTaP (childhood version of the vaccination) and not
Td (tetanus diphtheria).
Record of Flu shot*****Annual vaccination is required during flu season. ******
Keep in mind if it is not flu season at the beginning of the rotation, but the rotation carries over into the next flu season, the student will be required to obtain the vaccination.
Must be completed annually. If a COVID-19 vaccination has already occurred, you need to wait four weeks prior to doing a TB IGRA (blood) test or TB skin test.
An individual must not be sick at anytime he/she
reports to a rotation at Logan Health.
- Negative Quantiferon or T-SPOT TB blood test in the last 12 months. (If the test is positive, a chest x-ray required.)
- Record of two negative TB skin tests (two-step) in the last 12 months. If you are providing the two-step documentation the second test must be initiated between 7-21 days after the first negative test was read. (If the test is positive, a chest x-ray required.)
- If you are a positive responder, please contact us for the requirement documentation. (Positive Responder Form)
- If the COVID-19 vaccination has already occurred, you need to wait four weeks prior to doing the (blood) or TB skin tests, so please plan ahead.
- If the COVID-19 vaccination and TB test is required at the same time, make sure the blood draw or the skin test is applied immediately prior to administering the vaccine.
- Logan Health does not require the COVID-19 vaccination
Parking at Logan Health
Our parking space is limited so we ask that you park in the Student Parking during day shifts and in the Employee Parking area for night shifts. Please help us save parking for our patients and their families.
Non-employee Trainee Parking Map
Any documents that need to be filled out (not including the documents that were for review only) will need to be returned to the Logan Health Student Coordinator at least 30 days prior to the start of a rotation. If this is not possible, please contact the Student Coordinator for additional information.
Any documents that need to be filled out need to be returned to the Logan Health student coordinator at least 30 to 60 days prior to the start of a rotation if at all possible. Feel free to scan and email the documents, fax them to the secure fax line, or if you prefer you can upload them here or drop them off at the student coordinator's office.
After all your requirements have been turned in and approved by the Student Coordinator, set up an appointment, in advance to be issued your Trainee ID badge.
Student, Instructor, Resident, Trainee Document Dropbox