A.L.E.R.T./Betty Woods Memorial Golf Tournament
2023 Tournament Impact
In 2023, the annual A.L.E.R.T./Betty Woods Memorial Golf Tournament had 80 Golfers, 20 Teams, 125 Attendees and RAISED over $27,000!
More Than $14,000 granted for 2023:
- $3,350 to Lakeside QRU, Inc. for extra radios to stay connected along with staging for additional personnel with a radio thus delaying patient care.
- $3,500 to Kalispell Fire Department for two Uescope video laryngoscopes.
- $500 to Bad Rock Vol Fire and QRU for 3 mega-movers and 3 transport chairs to assist in safe patient transfers and transports.
- $1,500 to Marion Fire District for a Traverse Rescue Stretcher to be used in off-road, back country patient rescues.
- $3,200 to Evergreen Fire Rescue for 4 Bulletproof vests for our front-line staff.
- $2,000 to Three Rivers EMS for creating kits for Stop The Bleed—including 30 tourniquets blood and 3 updated blood pressure monitors.
What This Event Supports
All proceeds benefit A.L.E.R.T. and the Betty Woods Flathead Valley Emergency Services Endowment. The Logan Health A.L.E.R.T. program was founded in 1975. It has more than 18,000 flights and 1,500 lives saved in its history and performs more than 400 flights annually. The Logan Health A.L.E.R.T. crew consists of 20+ crew members including pilots, flight nurses and paramedics.
Who Was Betty Woods
Betty Ann Woods was an employee of Logan Health Medical Center for 28 years, starting out in the intensive care unit and taking her first A.L.E.R.T. flight as a cardiac nurse in 1982. She transferred to the emergency department to fulfill her dream of flying on A.L.E.R.T. on a regular basis. Betty felt that emergency services were the backbone of a community and helped to offer training to many in the EMS field. She also sat on the board of Three Rivers Ambulance. Betty took her last page on September 10, 2006. Gone, but not forgotten.
For more information about this event and what it supports, please contact the Logan Health Foundation office at (406) 751-6930.
Support Our Community EMS Teams