About Logan Health Children's
Logan Health Children’s was created to provide local access to high quality pediatric specialty care close to home, including the largest group of fellowship-
trained pediatric specialists in the state. The facility includes:
- 12-bed pediatric unit
- 6-bed pediatric intensive care unit
- 12-bed (with 6 additional shelled spaces for growth) neonatal intensive care unit
- Highly skilled, highly trained medical staff, nurses, therapists, social workers and other health care professionals
- A child-friendly architectural and interior design
- Dedicated spaces for family caregivers
- Design details that engage a child’s imagination from the moment he/she arrives
- Ample space for expanded services, including a third floor shelled for future expansion
Logan Health Children's
- Increases access to pediatric specialty care, including the largest concentration of fellowship-trained pediatric sub-specialists in the state.
- Delivers high quality, compassionate pediatric care by a highly-trained team of clinicians, social workers and others.
- Reduces the need for patients and families to travel out-of-state for medical care. Saves more children’s lives by providing faster delivery of life-saving treatments.
- Supports families with a wide range of patient and family resources.
- Enhances the care experience for the whole family in a modern, child-friendly environment.
We care about the children, parents, grandparents and many others who are impacted by a child’s illness. That’s why we’ve transformed pediatric care in Montana. This facility, its staff and the level of services provided are unmatched within the state.
We believe that Logan Health Children’s will continue to be a pediatric health care destination, saving the lives and improving the health of children for generations to come.
What does the pediatric services program include?
Photo courtesy of HKS Inc. Architecture
- Pediatric primary care – multiple pediatricians practicing in primary care clinics in Flathead, Lake and Lincoln counties
- Pediatric subspecialists on the medical staff, including anesthesiology, child and adolescent psychiatry, neonatology, perinatology, cardiology, critical care, endocrinology and diabetes, gastroenterology, hospitalists, neurology, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, oncology and hematology, radiology and surgery. These providers have chosen to live and work in Montana alongside the patients they serve. Montana Children’s Specialists, the largest group of pediatric specialists in the state, will staff Logan Health Children’s pediatric facility and provide services at outreach and satellite locations throughout the state.
- Inpatient pediatric acute care – pediatric unit/pediatric intensive care unit and the neonatal intensive care unit
- Emergency care and pediatric patient transport through the A.L.E.R.T. program and emergency departments of Logan Health Medical Center (Kalispell) and Logan Health Whitefish
- Ancillary support services, including pharmacists, respiratory therapists, clinical social workers, dietitians, physical therapists and speech therapists who specialize in caring for children
- Patient and family support services, including psychosocial support, spiritual care, educational support, financial counseling, support groups and educational classes
- Recreation and wellness programs at Logan Health Fitness
- School-based programs for Flathead Valley students, including the development of new integrated programs
- Logan Health Children’s Health Alliance – future partnerships and affiliations with independent pediatric providers and health care organizations in Montana